The Land Of Smiles

Published on: Jan 12, 2018 @ 17:24

Arriving to Bangkok was one of the hardest flights I’ve done, but not cause of any problems with the flight or distance. It was the fact that I’ve been sick from food poisoning since just after Christmas all the way through New Years while I was in Kenya, now taking a flight on the 4th of January thats about 10h+ in total travel time to Bangkok is not the best way to spend your time, but fortunately I had mostly recovered by then, but my energy level was still at 0%.

But fighting true all that I made it to Bangkok around 06:00 in the morning on the 5th of January, now being exhausted and trying to find my way out of Suvarnabhumi Airport with my big sports bag packed to the max and in a tropical climate that I haven’t felt since I was a kid back in South America. Can’t say that I was in my best condition since I did not get any sleep on the plane, so at this point I wasn’t about to look for the best way to get to my hostel I just found the first Taxi I could and told them to drive. About two hours of fighting through traffic I finally could check-in and get some rest.

After some well deserved rest I went out for my first real taste of Thailand, for a guy like me that loves Asian culture it was amazing to see all of this first hand and I had no clue that Thailand had so many Japanese restaurants or products and stores in general. It was like being in heaven I spent my first night at a Japanese ramen restaurant and just ate as much as I possible could.

After the weekend my first day at work started. Excited and with little sleep cause this was gonna  be my first time working with a company and not just me free lancing by my self. I started the day early and headed to the BTS (Bangkok Transit System) my hostel is just 4 stops away from work so it takes me about 10 minutes to get there.
My first week at work was about 3 days learning the software the company’s head designer uses called SKETCHAPP. It’s a good app for designing web pages and app U/I. But just after 3 days in at work I ended up catching cold cause of the air condition at my hostel being to cold. So had to take a few days of to get better.